With Summer here that means you and your furkid will be outside more often, So what do you do when they get hurt and you can't get to a vet right away? If you feel confident do some basic #FirstAid then you will need to have a kit on hand. Here is just a start of what you will need to have on hand in your home and auto.
Sterile gauze pads (3″ x 3″ and 2″ X 2″) and gauze bandage rolls (1″ and 2″)
* First-aid adhesive tape, 1″ roll
* Cotton swabs (Q-tips®)
* Plastic freezer/sandwich bags
* Small bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide
* Styptic pencil or cornstarch (stems blood flow from minor cuts)
* Antibacterial ointment
* Antiseptic cleansing wipes
* #Kaopectate® or Pepto-Bismol®
* A current pet first-aid book
* Mineral oil (a lubricant and laxative when given by mouth)
* Digital or rectal thermometer in a plastic case
* Leather work gloves (to protect you from being bitten)
* Latex gloves
* Thin rope
* Splint materials (tongue depressor, 12-inch wooden ruler or thick magazine)
Place the contents in a plastic storage box, tackle box or coffee can with lid.
Kits can also be purchased at your pet store such as Petco
* We were not compensated for this post, all opinions are our own and may differ from yours *
*credit to Petfinder for this information
We have moved! Please come over to The Sassy Spaniel and check out the latest and greatest reviews. Hope to see you there
For most, the 2017-2018 School year has already begun or about to So to kick off this event, We here at #SassySpaniel would like to share ...
D id you know The American Humane Association estimates over 10 million dogs and cats are lost or stolen in the U.S. every year? One in...
A sassy girl deserves sassy and classy accessories right? I am in the process of upgrading Ariel's collar from a Boots & Barkle...