With Summer here that means you and your furkid will be outside more often, So what do you do when they get hurt and you can't get to a vet right away? If you feel confident do some basic #FirstAid then you will need to have a kit on hand. Here is just a start of what you will need to have on hand in your home and auto.
Sterile gauze pads (3″ x 3″ and 2″ X 2″) and gauze bandage rolls (1″ and 2″)
* First-aid adhesive tape, 1″ roll
* Cotton swabs (Q-tips®)
* Plastic freezer/sandwich bags
* Small bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide
* Styptic pencil or cornstarch (stems blood flow from minor cuts)
* Antibacterial ointment
* Antiseptic cleansing wipes
* #Kaopectate® or Pepto-Bismol®
* A current pet first-aid book
* Mineral oil (a lubricant and laxative when given by mouth)
* Digital or rectal thermometer in a plastic case
* Leather work gloves (to protect you from being bitten)
* Latex gloves
* Thin rope
* Splint materials (tongue depressor, 12-inch wooden ruler or thick magazine)
Place the contents in a plastic storage box, tackle box or coffee can with lid.
Kits can also be purchased at your pet store such as Petco
* We were not compensated for this post, all opinions are our own and may differ from yours *
*credit to Petfinder for this information
We have moved! Please come over to The Sassy Spaniel and check out the latest and greatest reviews. Hope to see you there
D id you know The American Humane Association estimates over 10 million dogs and cats are lost or stolen in the U.S. every year? One in...
For most, the 2017-2018 School year has already begun or about to So to kick off this event, We here at #SassySpaniel would like to share ...
A sassy girl deserves sassy and classy accessories right? I am in the process of upgrading Ariel's collar from a Boots & Barkle...